Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

AC leak at Condensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 06:36 AM
derekio
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC leak at Condensor

I have a 97, B2500. At the spot where the ac lines go into the condenser, there is a gasket that goes between those two aluminum "blocks'. I have put the new gasket in, but it still will leak. I have even tried doubling up gaskets. Still leaks at that seal.
Went to dealer, they gave me gasket for that spot, basically same as what I had..still leaks.
so my question? is there something I could make a gasket from that would seal better?

Old 05-26-2018, 09:41 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,198 Likes on 2,950 Posts

Both surfaces need to be perfectly clean, and flat. If they aren't, you won't ever get it to seal. Is there an O-ring that goes in there as well?

Old 05-26-2018, 12:58 PM
derekio
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Both surfaces need to be perfectly clean, and flat. If they aren't, you won't ever get it to seal. Is there an O-ring that goes in there as well?
heres pic of the placement, its labeled #13 on the drawing, also, thats the gasket that the dealer says goes there on the left.
I have cleaned both surfaces religiously. I suppose it could be warped since its 20 yrs old. Is there something i can use to try to seal it along with t
he gasket? I have tried doubling up and it still leaked.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,198 Likes on 2,950 Posts

Doubling the gasket will just make sure it leaks. I don't think there is any kind of sealer that will stand up to the pressures...... Could put a straight-edge on it, see if it is warped......

Quick Reply: AC leak at Condensor