Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

'84 Ram Van B350, let's go!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 12:35 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 576 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper.cables
Couple questions...

1) What's the technical term for the metal slinky hose/tube that goes from this hole to the air cleaner, and where to get a replacement (or make one myself)?

2) Got a leaky spot here... a bit of oil baking off, etc... thought I would ask for recommendations before loosening/tightening/gooping anything up... thanks.

The first is the manifold heat riser tube. Dorman used to carry replacements in their Help section. You can get them at the junk yard but most are pretty ratty by now. Just measure the diameter and find one to fit. The second is a valve cover gasket leaking. It looks like you have cork gaskets and those break down over time. I usually replace them with rubber gaskets with a little black RTV for sealing. Over time these get beat up. The RTV will make sure it doesn't leak. One caveat though, often I've found someone pried on the cover and bent it. Find a had flat surface, preferably metal like a bench vise and use a tack hammer to tap it back into shape. That's how I managed to fix repeat leaks when I ran a shop.

Quick Reply: '84 Ram Van B350, let's go!