Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1990 b250 stalls in reverse and drive !CANT MOVE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 06:07 PM
rocktapus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 b250 stalls in reverse and drive !CANT MOVE!

hello all ,, 1990 b250 318. after replacing IAC and cleaning throttle body ,, it was good for a while but now I'm stuck.
`it would shimmy and shake for the first hour , in reverse,, but coming to a stop sign it stalled out. `now it is stuck. I can't get it to move less I push it through the stop sign and slam the gas to get it to shutter and limp in to the parking lot.
Can anyone advise me because I have bought the Haynes manual and it represents all kinds of info that isn't applicable to this year,, for example sensors I have bought don't exist on this particular year,, even though so many mechanics say im wrong.

it just won't move now,, it is stuck at the office parking lot and im wondering if I should just light it on fire,, I have had it 4 years now and wow,, damn

help please?

Old 11-18-2018, 08:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Will the engine idle normally, and rev freely in park? Are the symptoms there immediately, or only after a couple minutes? Does it run worse the further you drive it? How many miles on it?

Old 11-19-2018, 03:28 PM
ramvan61
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clogged fuel filter or weak fuel pump.

Quick Reply: 1990 b250 stalls in reverse and drive !CANT MOVE!