Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Evening all - Tune Up parts rec's for 97 B2500

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 05:19 PM
TallmanLilVan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evening all - Tune Up parts rec's for 97 B2500

So I'd like to give my girl some OEM or just as if not better tune up parts. I'm at 97k and have noticed a stutter around 65 on the hwy. Could be a lot of things yes but I just redid the plenum, ICA,TPS and some other things and I'd like the PCM to feel some new parts. Last tune up was previous owner and I can see he used sh&t parts NGK's and a cheap cap from AZ.

So any recommendations for plugs, cap, rotor, wires and such would be appreciated.

Also this may be a silly question but is Rock Auto to good to be true? Anyone deal with them? Prices are phenomenal but seems to good to be true.

Thanks again!

Old 12-09-2018, 05:52 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Don’t have any advice on what you are asking but just wanted to say what a nice van that is. I’m glad there are people keeping these things on the road. As the saying goes, they don’t make them like that anymore. I love those vans.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

NGK makes good plugs. Stock, I think, were Champions.... Which I personally will not put into anything. Not even my lawnmower. Parts store should have a good quality brass terminal cap for you. If not on the shelf, then easily available.

Old 12-09-2018, 06:20 PM
TallmanLilVan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Don’t have any advice on what you are asking but just wanted to say what a nice van that is. I’m glad there are people keeping these things on the road. As the saying goes, they don’t make them like that anymore. I love those vans.
Thanks Jkeaton. I love her man. My pops had one just like her (88') and we had a lot of good times in it so I wanted to pay hommage and he's passed but keep a few pics on the dash to ride with me. Would love to have the 88' with the all white and blue stripes and raised roof.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
NGK makes good plugs. Stock, I think, were Champions.... Which I personally will not put into anything. Not even my lawnmower. Parts store should have a good quality brass terminal cap for you. If not on the shelf, then easily available.
HeyYou as always thank you. You helped me with my last post but also digging through the forums this week I found so many other topics that you and Jfloors were involved in that were a big help.

As for the tune up it was more along the lines of helping with the stutter at around 65 on the highway. I am pulling a Crankshaft code so I think I'm going to hold off on the tune up because he actually did it in May. I'm going to go all out and buy the Mopar crank sensor and see if that solves it. I have no issues starting but wondering if it's the crank sensor misfiring plugs?

They put the new plenum in and I'm starting to wonder if the idiot (actually a great guy) loosened a few things. I mean she's driving like a champ now and rpms are legit but seems since I left the shop other things are popping up.

My big one today is a sound of rubber rubbing rubber when turning the wheel. Checked PSF and reservoir is full. Pump or hose I guess but geez that was not like that before I brought her to the shop. I couldn't do plenum because I had a broken bolt on manifold and the shop has a great rep but just seems I should be having less problems not more after leaving lol

Old 12-10-2018, 09:55 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

How old are the O2 sensors? If they are original, they may be at least contributing to the misfires at speed. (NTK or Denso only please, skip Bosch, these systems just don't like 'em.)

Quick Reply: Evening all - Tune Up parts rec's for 97 B2500