Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Camshaft Position Sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 12:40 PM
jmondo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Camshaft Position Sensor help

Got the P0016 code off the check engine light last summer (camshaft position sensor). Symptoms seem to match: couldn't drive past 60 mph because the van wouldn't shift gears properly. Happened pretty consistently on days when it happened, then if I turned the car off and back on it would sometimes go away. And even though I'm not seeing this issue directly right now, my gas mileage is also really bad (got 8mpg off my last tank.) So I think something in the fuel system is a little wonky.

Seems like a pretty simple fix, except that I can't seem to find the part anywhere online (and o'reilly couldn't find it either)... does anyone know why? Or next steps I can take here? My friend and I are going to dig in and see if we can find the sensor under the hood tonight.

more details: 2000 Dodge RAM 1500 Van 5.2L FI OHV 8cyl

Thanks everyone!

Old 03-19-2019, 08:32 PM
ramvan61
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmondo
Got the P0016 code off the check engine light last summer (camshaft position sensor). Symptoms seem to match: couldn't drive past 60 mph because the van wouldn't shift gears properly. Happened pretty consistently on days when it happened, then if I turned the car off and back on it would sometimes go away. And even though I'm not seeing this issue directly right now, my gas mileage is also really bad (got 8mpg off my last tank.) So I think something in the fuel system is a little wonky.

Seems like a pretty simple fix, except that I can't seem to find the part anywhere online (and o'reilly couldn't find it either)... does anyone know why? Or next steps I can take here? My friend and I are going to dig in and see if we can find the sensor under the hood tonight.

more details: 2000 Dodge RAM 1500 Van 5.2L FI OHV 8cyl

Thanks everyone!
Distributor Pick-Up Coil maybe what you need.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:42 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ramvan61
Distributor Pick-Up Coil maybe what you need.
No maybe about it, the pick-up coil in the distributor is the CPS on these vans.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Ram Van 1500 Camshaft Position Sensor help