Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

B350 No brakes lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 02:38 PM
AlreadyInUse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B350 No brakes lights

Hi all. 1990 Dodge Ram Wagon B350 5.9l extended passenger van. Problem: no brake lights, taillights, or headlights. I have blinkers and flashers. A previous owner removed the high/low beam dimmer switch from the steering column. My biggest concern is brake lights. I'm thinking the problem could be brake light switch, headlight switch, or dimmer switch. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

I would start at the headlight switch, and see what things look like there. Having a factory service manual I suspect is going to be a requirement here, considering what the previous owner has done... Brake lights and turn signals both go thru the multifunction switch.... if that has been bypassed/simply isn't there, that's gonna be a problem.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:38 PM
AlreadyInUse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I would start at the headlight switch, and see what things look like there. Having a factory service manual I suspect is going to be a requirement here, considering what the previous owner has done... Brake lights and turn signals both go thru the multifunction switch.... if that has been bypassed/simply isn't there, that's gonna be a problem.
Gives me a starting point. I will pickup a service manual. Good advice...thanks

Old 04-26-2019, 06:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Let us know what ya find.

Quick Reply: B350 No brakes lights