Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1990 Dodge Wagon B350 5.9l no headlights, no brake lights, no running lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 01:12 PM
AlreadyInUse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Dodge Wagon B350 5.9l no headlights, no brake lights, no running lights

I cannot locate the problem with my lights. It is all on battery feed fuses 6 and 7. Anyway, I just want to bypass for now and run a fused hot wire directly from the battery for brake lights...if that's even possible. Could I run it to the power wire of the brake light switch? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

You need wiring diagrams for your specific vehicle, so you can trace those circuits, and find the REAL problem....... Get a FACTORY service manual, not chilton, not haynes, FACTORY. That will go a long way toward making your life easier.

Old 05-09-2019, 11:32 AM
AlreadyInUse
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Okay...you're right

You're right. I just ordered one off of Ebay. Thanks for the nudge.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Originally Posted by AlreadyInUse
You're right. I just ordered one off of Ebay. Thanks for the nudge.
Once you have one, you will wonder how you ever got along without it.

Old 05-14-2019, 05:35 PM
arty4444
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

All the lights on the rear of my van started going out one at a time with bulbs good. I did what you were going to try. Wiring what worked on one side to what didn't on the other and the trailer connector for turn signals. I even had the factory manual but schematics looked confusing. Finally had to slow down and brush up on schematics, buy a meter and youtube some diagnostic techniques. Then found my simple bad ground problem but spent hours correcting the wiring I had all messed up. Should have posted because I would have followed the good advise you have.

Last edited by arty4444; 05-14-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-21-2019, 10:39 AM
arty4444
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by arty4444
All the lights on the rear of my van started going out one at a time with bulbs good. I did what you were going to try. Wiring what worked on one side to what didn't on the other and the trailer connector for turn signals. I even had the factory manual but schematics looked confusing. Finally had to slow down and brush up on schematics, buy a meter and youtube some diagnostic techniques. Then found my simple bad ground problem but spent hours correcting the wiring I had all messed up. Should have posted because I would have followed the good advise you have.
My own quote above was before my headlights went out last night. They flickered on and off on high beam but I got home on low beam which seemed stable. I'm going to fix them properly but in the meantime will direct wire them with fuse and switch.
After they're fixed that switch is staying in place for good in case it ever happens again. And I'll do the same with every future vehicle I own.

Old 05-25-2019, 10:35 AM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rear taillights need to be installed for the rear lights to work. They ground against the body when you tighten the screws for the lenses.
http://www.bbbind.com/tsb-wiring-diagrams-database/

Quick Reply: 1990 Dodge Wagon B350 5.9l no headlights, no brake lights, no running lights