Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1976 B200 Camper EFI engine swap question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 01:29 AM
76sportsman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 1976 B200 Camper EFI engine swap question

I have a pretty tired carbureted 360 in a 76 sportsman camper van that my girlfriend and I renovated to travel and fly fish out of. The motor has a zillion miles on it and will probably pop in the next year or so and I am starting to get my ducks in a row in regards to a swap or putting a fresh create motor in. My question is, has anyone done a carbureted b200 to fuel injected swap with something like a 5.9 EFI ? Would there be any significant hurtles with fitting a newer model motor into the mounts and space? I am assuming I would need a custom driveshaft and need to do the ecm, harness, fuel pump and all that jazz and that it would be a considerable undertaking, but it looks theoretically possible? Would there be a v6 out there that could do the job with better fuel economy with comparable power to the 190hp it currently runs at with the 8cyl?

Any thoughts or links would be great, I searched but haven't had much luck on the subject and want to know how much trouble im getting myself into with a swap like this.

Thanks!!

Old 06-17-2019, 06:47 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

You could do a magnum swap with an aftermarket efi set up.
http://www.magnumswap.com/first-steps/

Old 07-09-2019, 08:33 PM
Viperdave
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been there done that! What ya want ya know? I put a 1995 360 magnum in a 1979 dodge trans van

had it carbureted , now installed factory fuel injection I have a modified 46RH overdrive trans

im mostly on the truck forum and just happened to scan the van forum and found your post

you can check out my trans van Facebook page called “terminal defiance”.

Lots of pics of of everything I did

Its called that cuz everybody I know told me I was crazy to do it !!

well I was going to be defiant and make it work or die trying!!

its now a bad *** trans-van, I’ve driven it 3 times back and forth across the country and when I stop to get gas or at a campground, everybody comes over to find out what the hell it is!! I even had a cop pull me over in Texas and apologized but really wanted to know what it was cuz he thought it was so cool looking!!

hit me up, I’ll help ya out all I can

viperdave

Quick Reply: 1976 B200 Camper EFI engine swap question