Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

No start issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 12:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Silver feller is likely a circuit breaker. (it automatically resets.) Do you have power windows, or locks?

Old 01-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Clarissa Johnson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Silver feller is likely a circuit breaker. (it automatically resets.) Do you have power windows, or locks?
No to power windows and locks

Old 01-10-2020, 06:31 PM
ElkCon
Veteran
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I believe the top black on is the ASD.
They can be interchanged.

I still think you have an issue with the coil or CPS. For $40 both can be swapped out.
If it isn't those, then the ECM is probably to blame...
Remember, the electronics are getting really old!
All of these are considering the coolant is good, compression is good, oil pressure is good, no mechanical issues etc.

Old 01-11-2020, 01:54 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clarissa Johnson
No to power windows and locks
The fuse layout (should be) embossed on the inside of the cover you pull to access the fuses, atleast it is on my 99 3500. kinda hard to see if it's dusty/dirty
There is likely some difference between our year models but should be similar...
best i can make out on mine is the silver one would be for Power windows or Power seats, The black one (next to, not above) and the big blue one are one is for Horns and one is A/C clutch. Not sure of what the 2 smaller black ones above the blue one are
your other main relays and fuses (ASD, Fuel, starter, etc. ) will be under the hood next to the battery in the power distribution center (black plastic box)
Empty slots probably means the van is equipped to add on accessories but your van did not come with whatever that slot would provide power to

Still I'm more in agreement with the others here, check the fuel pressure with a fpt, and post results of key on, then running, then key off to see if pressure is bleeding off. Think 48-50 psi is where you want to be
I still suspect it's more likely the crank sensor or even a dirty /clogged IAC, but I am no expert... you can google how to clean the IAC on a dodge or search right here in the forum.
easyautodiagnostics.com in the Chrysler section has helpful diagnostic tutorials you may find handy too

Old 01-11-2020, 11:22 PM
Clarissa Johnson
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

I did the fuel pressure test today...supposed to be 44-54 and it was a solid 50 so the fuel pump is good. I've have read and read and read and read and I am sick of research. It is VERY frustrating that because the check engine light isnt on I cant use the scanner to get help. At first the guy at autozone said crankshaft sensor till he found out the check engine light wasnt on, then he said cant be the crankshaft sensor that if it was that the check engine would be on, then 2 hours later someone else said aww that's bull, it could still be the crankshaft sensor....so frustrated!!! I'm going to upload pic of diagram of the relay box under hood. Can anyone please tell me which is the ignition relay? If it's not there where is it? I keep reading that the main symptom of that relay having issues is dying while driving then restarting after the relay has time to cool. I know asd and a couple other relays going bad cause this too but I keep being drawn back to the ignition relay...now if i ya'll can just tell me where its located I might order it from rockauto. I have done multiple Google searches and cannot find out. Also, what do you think about getting a relay tester? They are around $15 on walmart.com and ebay. I also had the idea (please see pic of diagram of relay box) there are 4 mini relays starting with asd. Mark them top down 1 thru 4 so I can keep track of which relay I stick in which slot, then switch them, drive the van see if it cuts off and repeat if it does? Also rockauto.com has relays WAY cheaper than auto parts store. They have an economy and a regular replacement. The regular replacement for the relay mini at parts store is around $20, on rockauto its $7. It list the OEM number which I compared on mopar and it's the same number. Thanks for your continued help. I'm praying it's something simple and we find it fast.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:56 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Unplug the front O2 sensor(s?), and see if it runs any better.

Quick Reply: No start issue