Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

reman transmission 46 RE

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 07:28 PM
Dodge01hgm
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reman transmission 46 RE

2001 5,2 B1500 Van - looking to replace my 46RE. Has anyone used or have an opinion of Monster Transmissions or XP Transmission in MN

Old 11-09-2021, 07:29 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

I've seen a lot of horror stories about Monster Transmission.

For that kind of work, I am much more inclined to go to a local shop, that offers a good warranty. That way, if you have a problem later on, the shop will take care of it, and it's a lot less hassle.

Old 11-16-2021, 07:46 PM
ElkCon
Veteran
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I've seen a lot of horror stories about Monster Transmission.

For that kind of work, I am much more inclined to go to a local shop, that offers a good warranty. That way, if you have a problem later on, the shop will take care of it, and it's a lot less hassle.
I agree.

There are hundreds of parts in a auto transmission. The clutches (normally OD is the first to go), torque convertor, and seals are the first to go. Sometimes the pump and valvebody could be bad too. Torque specifications are precise and cannot be overlooked. The point I am making is 9 times out of 10, something will not be right after any rebuild and you will need an adjustment. Without having previous knowledge about tthe rebuild makes diagnosing issues much more difficult. Also, you can't 'retun' it, so what are you to do?

I have had two trannies rebuilt before, both at different shops and both different brands, and those places were highly recommended. Both times I had to go back 1-2 times for adjustments. After that, both times. the transmission outlasted the use I had for the vehicle

Old 11-17-2021, 09:35 AM
Dodge01hgm
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I wil
l go Local when its time

Quick Reply: reman transmission 46 RE