Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1992 B250 318 ignition fuse intermittent dead short HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 06:50 PM
Aceofpaints
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 B250 318 ignition fuse intermittent dead short HELP!

ignition switch fuse link (now relocated) keeps popping fuse as soon as switch is moved to the first position. While looking for a dead short I noticed that if I unplug and plug back the gray harness above the van starts back fuse stops popping. The last time it happened the black harness was the one I had to unplug and plug back. I am getting the fuse to blow by taking off from a dead start with a fast acceleration. Any clue what could be causing such a weird scenario? 1. What is popping a 30 amp breaker acting like a dead short that seems to disappear when u unplug one of those 2 harnesses. It’s no Coincidence this has happened 5 times now and will continue to blow a fuse until I unplug and replug.
thanks for any help

Old 11-10-2021, 06:53 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

Check here, see if they have wiring diagrams for ya. See what all goes thru that plug, and see which one is shorted to ground.

The following users liked this post:
Aceofpaints (11-10-2021)
Old 11-15-2021, 08:07 PM
Busted Nuckles
Professional
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Disconnect the battery and put your ohm meter on each lead and the other meter lead to ground and wiggle the harness until you get continuity through your meter.

Quick Reply: 1992 B250 318 ignition fuse intermittent dead short HELP!