Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Cruise Control Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2022, 08:25 PM
V.Tritchler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cruise Control Not Working

Hey all,
I have a 1994 Dodge B350 and my cruise control went out a while back... I can't seem to figure out the cause.
I've replaced the speed sensor and the speed sensor pinion gear (it was all chewed up) to see if I could solve the problem, but the cruise control still isn't working. Any ideas on what to try next?
The speedometer works just fine, as well as the overdrive, but still no cruise control. I travel frequently in my van on long road trips across the country and cruise control sure makes life much smoother when going through different states with different speed limits.
Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Old 02-21-2022, 07:26 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

Does the light in the dash come on when you push the cruise control on/off button? If it does, likely just a vacuum problem. No idea where the stashed the cruise servo on the vans though.

Old 02-21-2022, 01:27 PM
V.Tritchler

I've had this van for about three years and the cruise control worked for two of them, but there was never a dash light that came on. I'm not sure if it is supposed to have a dash light or not, being that I've literally never seen one.

Old 02-21-2022, 01:35 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by V.Tritchler
I've had this van for about three years and the cruise control worked for two of them, but there was never a dash light that came on. I'm not sure if it is supposed to have a dash light or not, being that I've literally never seen one.

Does your horn work? I believe 1994 was the first year for air bags. Does your air bag light go off after you start or does it stay on?

Old 02-21-2022, 08:38 PM
V.Tritchler

The horn works. No airbags in the van, thus no air bag light.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Not Working