Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

94 van won't start

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 03:01 PM
JustmeT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 van won't start

I need help please.....got 94 dodge van....left interior lights on couple nights ago and drained my battery. Got a jump from friend all lights came on brightly but van won't crank...won't even turn over. Flashers flashing dash blinking but ignition won't engage. Can someone pls help me

Old 03-07-2022, 07:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,262 Likes on 3,009 Posts

Is there an alarm on the van??

Moving this to the Van section for ya. Welcome to DF!

Old 03-08-2022, 09:07 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Did you try putting your foot on the brake and shifting into neutral to try and start it? Also, the battery could be dead as a doornail and the jumper cables are only supplying enough power to for small loads but not enough to turn the starter. Do the lights dim when you try to start it?

Old 03-08-2022, 12:30 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by JustmeT
I need help please.....got 94 dodge van....left interior lights on couple nights ago and drained my battery. Got a jump from friend all lights came on brightly but van won't crank...won't even turn over. Flashers flashing dash blinking but ignition won't engage. Can someone pls help me

I've tried to jump cars with a completely dead battery and they didn't have enough reserve. Charge the battery fully before you try to start again.

Old 03-17-2022, 12:33 PM
97Dodgestationwagon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustmeT
This happened to me in my 93, . so i garuntee its the same set up. Let me try saving you a bunch of money... ill try my best to explain... so you have a red ignition wire that goes from your ignition to a cluster of wires at the firewall. if you pop the hood and look under, by your brake booster, the wiring cluster is wrapped with tape and sometimes an extra plastic guard. well if you tear that open you will find that red ignition wire, you also want to look for the 2 blue wires, there will be one dark blue and one lighter blue. hard to tell the difference. so anyway the darker blue wire traces all the back to your transmission underneath.sitting on top side at one of the plug ins, you will need a flashlight to inspect it best. look for any breaks in the wire. i found a break at the trans casing and my wire was grounding off at trans casing.... further more, that blue wire with the red wire at the cluster also leads to a fusable link headed towards the computer [ PCM] . you will have to tear that open and find the break and replace it with new link. very difficult tho if you dont have the right tools. it is wrapped in tape and also shrink wrapped into 3 different wires and you only have about an inch to work with. new link will allow more to work with but the wires get un proportioned and hard to tie together. was hard for me but i got it. you will also have to tape up the break where ever it is grounding out at.. mine was grounding out at transmission. this is what is frying the fusable link. also disconnect your battery when doing this. reconnect after the service has been complete. If you find any melted wires you will need to go buy the exact harness from a junk yard. the harness must be off of an exactly compatible model. very important.

Quick Reply: 94 van won't start