Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Tempature Control Cable

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 07:10 AM
Sprcoop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. After rereading I realized I didn't specify that. The main thing is to find a choke cable with the proper diameter inner wire. Remove the old wire from the original heater control cable and replace it with the nee wire from the choke cable. I made sure to apply a liberal amount of lubricant inside the original cable housing, before installing the new wire.

Old 04-22-2022, 07:25 AM
CanuckRV
Amateur

I figured as much
I bought 8' of 1/8" cable, which I had measured before I left, I know that is way too much but its easy to cut and this way I can make mistakes.
to get a good end to feed through instead of a rats nest I fluxed and soldered about an inch back from the end so the cable would stay together and then cut it. I used a cable sleeve which I cut shorter and because the ends were soldered I was able to put a blunt point on the end to feed through.

the two ends I worked on are on the left the sleeves are shown along with the rat nest the ends were in are on the right

Last edited by CanuckRV; 04-22-2022 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-23-2022, 05:06 AM
CanuckRV
Amateur

Disregard the above post!!! I measured what I thought was the cable but getting a calliper inside the dash I guess was not prudent for an accurate measurement. While my digital calliper did read 1/8" dead on the cable is only 1/16 when cut out of the van. Had to resort to a throttle wire. But on that plus side, it works fantastic now.

Quick Reply: Tempature Control Cable