Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Mice help please - getting in the B250....

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 09:46 PM
b250van
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mice help please - getting in the B250....

So my 88 B250 conversion van keeps getting mice inside. I've sealed the drivers footwell vent and I can't see where else they are getting in.

Has anyone had this issue and know what other spots I can try and seal off?

Thanks

Old 05-07-2022, 10:15 AM
nibroc
Captain
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

mouse traps or decon

Old 05-07-2022, 10:29 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by b250van
So my 88 B250 conversion van keeps getting mice inside. I've sealed the drivers footwell vent and I can't see where else they are getting in.

Has anyone had this issue and know what other spots I can try and seal off?

Thanks

Really small step ladders will help. Oh wait! You want to keep them OUT! Okay, I've had old cars for years. The best I've found once hey get past the cats are fabric softener sheets scattered around the interior. I like Snuggle because of the cutsie teddy bear on the box. Us hoomans don't have much sense of smell. Mice are small and use smell more than sight due to focal length in their eyes.

They might be getting through the air vents or other small openings, It they can get their head through, they can get in.

I laid a loaf of bread on top of a box of fabric softener sheets years ago. Went to the bathroom and did some other stuff before putting everything away. I later went to make a sandwich. I had to throw that bread away. Trust me, they DON'T like the smell. This will work inside where there isn't a lot of air flow. When you go to use the van, if the smell bothers you, open the windows for a bit and air it out. New sheets every few days and the meeses will boogie elsewhere.

Now, you are probably getting some under the van and in the engine compartment. You can smear some "Bitter Apple" on the wires underneath. On top of the engine, you can sprinkle Cayenne pepper powder around. Mice are mammals and Cayenne pepper affects them like it does us. Stick your nose in a jar of it and snort. You won't do it again. This should get the mice going elsewhere. Snap traps work but you have to check them. Don't use poison as you don' know WHERE it will die. Plus, I'm always worried the Rover or Fluffy will eat the mouse before it dies.

Last edited by ol' grouch; 05-07-2022 at 10:32 AM. Reason: i kant spel wurth a durn

Quick Reply: Mice help please - getting in the B250....