Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Interior lamp defeat switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2023, 01:02 PM
nibroc
Veteran
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

subscribed.........................

Old 03-26-2023, 03:29 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Well in the wiring diagram it shows one wire up to a 16 pin connector behind the instrument panel. In the schematics and diagrams section it does appear that there are more wires that come off the door switch. In the key in and headlight switch wiring diagram I'm sure it shows one wire coming off the door switch also. I'm betting they are just showing the wiring as related to the circuit you are looking at. In the schematics diagram they put the door switch off on the rt side of the page when there was plenty of room right where it should have been. There are alot of wires in the diagram that just end with no description of what or where they go to. Leaves alot to the imagination.

It does look like the is a single wire that is running up through the door post and then a bundle that runs across under the windshield and that is where that 16 kind connector is.

Old 04-04-2023, 09:35 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Took the kick panel out to do new pins in the door hinge and there are 2 wires that come out of the door switch. They are then wrapped up and go into a larger loom. I think the next time I have to pul the instruments I will look for that 16 pin connector and see what I can find there. Right now there is other stuff more pressing.

Old 06-19-2024, 08:15 PM
SugarShack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG, you just helped me find my gremlin! At least one of them! After spending weeks learning the wiring diagrams on the russian site and my Haynes manual, I found a few small potential issues, and a lot of "previous owner" puzzles, but nothing blatant. I've been driving her for 4 years with a lot of the electronics not working, and I supposed that wasn't a problem as long as she ran.

Recently I got a CEL and a 34/35 code and charging issues became evident, so I became determined to get everything dialed in and working. Read this post so I went out to check all the relays, and that time delay relay was boiling hot!

I still have other gremlins to find, but still - hallelujah!

Thank you!

Quick Reply: Interior lamp defeat switch