Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

where is the converter number

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2023, 01:25 PM
Pault311
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is the converter number

The mechanic technician can't find the catalyst converter number on my 1998 Dodge Ram 1500

I am in California. I have this van for over 20 years. Total mileages as of today is 95,000. I been using the same auto repair shop for services as well as for smog check. The smog check always passed until this year.

My mechanic technician told me that the smog check itself is passed however, DMV now required a converter number in order to pass the smog check. I brought this van nearly brand new. The van converter is original as I brought it, but according to the technician, no number is found on the converter.

Can it be that 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 converter has no number?
Does anyone have the same issue as my?

Thank you.

Old 03-29-2023, 07:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,210 Likes on 2,961 Posts

They lookin' for a part number for the catalytic converter? That seems like a really odd thing for them to want...... I am not aware of any other 'number' that might be assigned to it.... Does your mechanic have a clue what they are talking about?

Old 03-30-2023, 09:14 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Pault311
I am in California. I have this van for over 20 years. Total mileages as of today is 95,000. I been using the same auto repair shop for services as well as for smog check. The smog check always passed until this year.
Read here: California Catalytic Converter Laws and Regulations (smogtips.com)

Quick Reply: where is the converter number