Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

99 ram van 1500 3.9 Wipers not working can't find solution

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2023 | 09:51 AM
Jmataphila
|
Default 99 ram van 1500 3.9 Wipers not working can't find solution

Hello, my wipers stopped working recently I've already replaced the wiper motor but they still don't work. Doesn't anyone know what else the problem could be.

Old 12-14-2023 | 03:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Bad switch, bad ground, blown fuse, bad part right out of the box.

Old 01-02-2024 | 09:17 PM
HiTop

All three of my vans had this issue, weak ground. I actually ran a ground wire from the housing of the wiper motor right to the battery, fixed all three.

Old 03-18-2024 | 11:12 PM
Minskter

Hi.
I just had the same problem with my wipers stop working on my 1995 B2500 this weekend while driving in dense fog/snow and rain.
First they stopped working, I was able to get them to work again after slightly pushing them, but after another 5 minutes they died again.

The fuse for the wipers is not blown.

I wonder if it might also be a bad ground on my van?

Is there a way for me to test that without having to take apart half of the dash to get to the motor? (somebody told me that's where it is located)

Thanks.

Old 03-18-2024 | 11:33 PM
Jmataphila
|
Default Wiper Motor

Originally Posted by Minskter
Hi.
I just had the same problem with my wipers stop working on my 1995 B2500 this weekend while driving in dense fog/snow and rain.
First they stopped working, I was able to get them to work again after slightly pushing them, but after another 5 minutes they died again.

The fuse for the wipers is not blown.

I wonder if it might also be a bad ground on my van?

Is there a way for me to test that without having to take apart half of the dash to get to the motor? (somebody told me that's where it is located)

Thanks.

The wiper motor is under the black cover where the wipers are. If you pop the hood and look under towards the left the wiper motor connection is there. To unbolt it you’ll have to lift up that black piece.

Quick Reply: 99 ram van 1500 3.9 Wipers not working can't find solution