Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

"No bus" error message on the cluster.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 12:17 AM
Celticwarlock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have cycled the key after each thing has been disconnected. So far, the transmission range switch and both O2 sensors have been disconnected. I'll work on the others as soon as possible.

Old 05-14-2024, 12:51 AM
Celticwarlock

My new PCM came in today. I plugged it in, and the van started immediately.

It starts right away, but there's variation in the idle from time to time. It's behaving like the IAC valve needs help, though only every so often. It has NEVER done this before replacing the PCM. I'm pretty sure the values were properly programmed, so I guess the question is, how long does it take the computer to 'learn' the proper parameters?

Just to clarify, I had NO trouble codes in the old PCM. I do have a code with the new PCM which I haven't checked yet because I'm giving the computer time to figure itself out.

Old 05-14-2024, 08:20 AM
alloro
Van & CUV Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 75 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Celticwarlock
so I guess the question is, how long does it take the computer to 'learn' the proper parameters?
At most, one warm-up and the idle should be all set. It is possible the IAC is dirty and sticking, unless it is new.

Old 05-14-2024, 11:53 AM
Celticwarlock

The old PCM is definitely bad.

Can anyone recommend a competent rebuilder? I'm going to have my old one repaired instead of turning it in as a core.

Last edited by Celticwarlock; 05-15-2024 at 10:42 AM.
Old 05-14-2024, 04:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,236 Likes on 2,985 Posts

So far, I am not sure if anyone has found a competent rebuilder.... NONE of them have even a mediocre reputation... Most of 'em its just downright bad.

Some folks have had success with Solo PCM. Could give them a shot.

My preferred method is to go to the local parts store, and order one from them. It comes with a warranty, will be programmed to your VIN, if necessary, and if there is a problem, you can talk face to face with a real human being about it.

Quick Reply: "No bus" error message on the cluster.