Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 1500 3.55 5.2L Tow Package?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2024 | 12:14 PM
OregonApe
|
Amateur
Default 2000 1500 3.55 5.2L Tow Package?

Hi all, long story but I'm considering buying a bigger boat (mine is destined for the scrap heap). Maybe 4,000lbs as a high end estimate including boat, trailer, motors, fuel. My manual says 6,600 GVWR and 10,000 GCWR. My van has no bench seats and no cargo.

The manual makes a lot of references to a factory tow package. What did that tow package entail? My van has a frame mounted hitch. No idea if it is factory or not.

Just trying not to be a dumbass. Thanks!

Old 05-21-2024 | 03:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Run your VIN here. (case sensitive, so, all caps please) That will tell you what your truck came with from the factory.

Tow package *might* have had any of the following: Heavy duty cooling, shocks, different mirrors? Trans cooler, etc. There would also be a trailer brake control connector stashed somewhere under the dash as well. (which might be there anyway....)

The following users liked this post:
OregonApe (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024 | 05:09 PM
OregonApe
|
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Run your VIN here. (case sensitive, so, all caps please) That will tell you what your truck came with from the factory.

Tow package *might* have had any of the following: Heavy duty cooling, shocks, different mirrors? Trans cooler, etc. There would also be a trailer brake control connector stashed somewhere under the dash as well. (which might be there anyway....)
Thanks. That provides a lot of info. Unfortunately no towing options that I can see. Not surprising, it was a fleet vehicle for freight liner.

I'm not terribly worried. Half of the reason for my inquiry is a family member worrying.

Quick Reply: 2000 1500 3.55 5.2L Tow Package?