Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Suspension lifts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Alphacowboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension lifts?

I was wondering if there is anyway to lift the B2500 vans 2"? I dont want to go crazy on it, but I would like to fit a slightly larger tire upfront. The rear is not that big of deal as there is plenty of room there, but up front, just 2" would do nicely. Any advice on this would be helpful

-Matt

Old 08-14-2006, 12:37 AM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Suspension lifts?

Lift the van higher???

I would try to go lower by 2 or 4 inches. The B2500 is already too high with the larger tires over the B1500 and eight lug nuts to take off. Besides, it would be too hard to park in a garage if it got higher.

In all seriousness, these vans can get top heavy and would not be great to handle if made higher. The B2500 and B3500 do have roll over issues. More so with the B3500 15-passenger class, and a few with the B2500. Going higher increases the risk greatly.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Alphacowboy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suspension lifts?

I am not worried about rolling it over, I drive a 3/4 ton Dodge Ram 4x4 with a 5" lift and 35" tires. I am use to sitting high and the characteristics of a lifted vehicle. I am just wondering if there was a simple 2" lift kit to make it fit my 265 tires just a little better. If not, I might just break out the sawzall and do some fender triming. Plus, I am using a wider rim that widens the wheel base by a few inches, should help on its stance a little.

I do have another question, has anyone done a 4x4 conversion on these vans? I have an extra set of axles out of my 2000 truck (put a set of 3rd gen axles under it) and was wonder if anyone had ever done this? Only reason i am thinking about it is that I use this for work, and some job sites can be pretty muddy, and 4wd would be really nice. Plus, in the winter 4wd traction would be pretty nice to have as well.

Quick Reply: Suspension lifts?