Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

need aftermarket fuel-tank, > 33 gallons

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:08 AM
chimpanzee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need aftermarket fuel-tank, > 33 gallons

I have an '82 Dodge B350 van, has 33 gallon fuel tank.

I'm looking for a bigger fuel tank, like 45 gallons. Can someone give me a lead to an aftermarket unit?

Old 11-02-2006, 11:43 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: need aftermarket fuel-tank, > 33 gallons

Starting in 1998 and newer, the gas tanks are 35 gallon and are mounted mid-vehicle on the Ram Vans. However, the fuel pressure and the emission/fuel recovery system is totally different than the Gen-1 Ram Vans.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:59 PM
IGadget
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need aftermarket fuel-tank, > 33 gallons

my 83 came stock with a 36 gallon tank that I have seen someplaces refered to as a 35. The tank is stamped 36, not the 35 shown in the manual. I'm not aware of any vehicle other than say an full RV or a tractor trailer that used a larger tank. you might try one of the Offroad websites. You may be able to custom fab something, but the key there is to get something that your state DMV would allow. I seem to remember that the tank shouldnt enter the usable compartment incase of inpact as one rule, The other thought is to look for a PU truck that had an optional second tank, since your current tank is located between the frame rails at the rear of the van. you would need to then custom fab a tank and pump and switch for that setup. Unless you have replaced it with an electric pump, the pump isnt in the tank. but instead bolted to the passenger side front of the engine below the alternator. Alt least on the V8. I have no experience with the V6.

Quick Reply: need aftermarket fuel-tank, > 33 gallons