Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

You people don't REPLY much????

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
mojoe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You people don't REPLY much????

I have recently joined other forums and have noticed alot more activity in responces. Maybe it's because this site is so broad. For all you new guys who are looking for some responce i have found other forums with Dodgevehicles that are more active if interested. This site seems to have some hits, but not many help responces. Joe

Old 03-06-2007, 02:13 PM
IGadget
Professional
Default RE: You people don't REPLY much????

People here respond quite often, but you may want to try using the the search function, just like on any other board, before you post. Especially since the answers some people seek are within the last 1-6 months of discussion. Also most of us have some sort of job and check the forums only on the weekends or when we have time. I happen to be online alot, and am a bit more forgiving of the "Tell me me I'm tot lazy to look it up myself" type. That may change when I have kids of my own.

The last thing is that some of the questions can be easilly answered with a basic shop manual that is available starting for around $20. Haynes #30065 covers 1971 thru 2003 Full sized Dodge Vans Inline-6, V6, and V8 Engines. One of the reasons why people buy dodge vans is because working on them from year to year was always the same. You will see that my sig says that I've only had vans that were not FI (for V8's late 87 or early 88) so I dont generally answer questions about the newer models. On the older ones I know the inside wiring harness very well.

Prices are available at a parts store - we are not one of those.

The types of questions that get the most traffic are questions there are no easy answers for. Like what to do if you break the insolators off the plugs trying to get them out -- or something else that isnt covered in a shop manual (see RTFM).

If you know of other forums, feel free to list them, what is the internet but a large cross reference of information.

IG

Old 03-06-2007, 05:27 PM
mojoe

Dude , Your no fun, Maybethis site can not be so formal, just answer a simple question once in awhile. It looks like the diffrent dicussion groups are so broad, it's not like it's going to stop traffic.Yes, i do have a repair manual, I have learned some things from it, but just wanted another viewpoint without getting chew out. DUDE let be a little casual, and take off the gloves.Later Peace, Joe

Old 03-08-2007, 11:53 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mojoe,

I too belong to a few other Dodge forums on the web. This site is alright, but a little slow in the Ram Van forum here. Alloro, Chump and a few others have some great input from time-to-time. Like other forums, it's a help and a place to fellowship with one another.

Stev

Quick Reply: You people don't REPLY much????