Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Dodge Ram Auto Trans Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:58 PM
bowlotuna
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Ram Auto Trans Question

2004 Dodge Ram with Auto trans, Do I check the transmission fluid in Park or Neutral? Also on the use of the tow haul button. Should this be used anytime you are towing or just on hills while towing. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Default RE: Dodge Ram Auto Trans Question

You need to check it when the fluid is hot and in N. Also it should be listed how to do it on the trans dipstick in case you forget. I only use Tow/Haul if the trans keeps hunting for a gear, some use it any time they tow in the hills. When in doubt read the owners manual, that is if you still have it.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:18 PM
bowlotuna

Sure enough it says right on the stick. The manual doesn't say much about the tow haul button. I recently pulled a pretty heavy boat across the US and got very bad mileage, about 9 miles to the gallon of diesel and I was getting about 19 on the way out without the boat. Pretty heavy boat, about 8000lbs. I had it in tow/haul the entire way which was probably keeping it out of the high gear. Maybe I will only use it on hills. Thanks for the feedback

Old 05-16-2007, 04:01 PM
wlcalhounjr

Read your owners manual regarding how to check tranny fluid, if you don't have one, call your local dealership parts department, these people are usually very knowlegable and friendly.

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram Auto Trans Question