Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

95 Ram Hard to Start

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 08:59 PM
den327nj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Ram Hard to Start

My 1995 Ram 1500 with a 5.9L takes a long time to start.It cranks for sometimes 3-5 seconds before starting(hot or cold).I think it could be the fuel pump so i tried to just pour a little gas into the throttle body.She started right up.Then I went out to buy a fuel injection pressure tester.When I turn ignition on(without starting) I can hear the pump run for 2 seconds and the guage reads around 16lbs. and falls to around 5lbs within 15 seconds.When the truck is idling it reads 38-40 consistent.Is this normal?Don't want to spend the $240 on a fuel pump assembly till I know thats definitely the problem.Thanks For the help guys.

Old 12-30-2003, 01:47 PM
JBCB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Ram Hard to Start

I have a '95 1500 and 40# is about right for the pressure....try cleaning the throttle body. I do that every timeI start having problems with idle speed and it works like a charm. Do not just spray Gumout into the throat....remove the throttle body (replace the gasket) and then clean it thoroughly. Easy and inexpensive to do. A tune-up may be necessary too...include the o2 sensor.

Quick Reply: 95 Ram Hard to Start