Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

MDS????

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:30 AM
TxMoonshine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MDS????

Wow, y'all are impressive... Anyway, what sounds in the '06s? I have one, and don't hear anything other than the exhaust (still stock, for now) changes tone. I want rid of the MDS just because I don't trust it and I'm not getting better milage. I also have the 20's though. My 04 Hemi had 17s and got better milage. The dealer threw in the 7 year warranty because that was the only way I'd buy it. BTW, aftermarket exhausts don't just make noise, they also increase HP by descreasing back pressure and, if properly applied, will increase fuel milage as well.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:29 AM
ryjack

[/quote]ORIGINAL: TxMoonshine

Wow, y'all are impressive... Anyway, what sounds in the '06s? I have one, and don't hear anything other than the exhaust (still stock, for now) changes tone. I want rid of the MDS just because I don't trust it and I'm not getting better milage. I also have the 20's though. My 04 Hemi had 17s and got better milage. The dealer threw in the 7 year warranty because that was the only way I'd buy it. BTW, aftermarket exhausts don't just make noise, they also increase HP by descreasing back pressure and, if properly applied, will increase fuel milage as well.
[/quote]

What kind of driving are you doing? Second, generaly speaking, when you put aftermarket exhaust on you're doing it 'cause you want the sound, and performance. So to hear it better, and feel the performance, you have your foot in it all the time. Heavy foot, does not equal good mpg.

Old 05-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Hemi_guy

ORIGINAL: TxMoonshine

But doesn't increasing the HPof the engine increase it's fuel comsumption? Or isthe aftermarket exhaustjust gaining thelost HP backby decreasing exhaust flow constriction?

Old 05-07-2007, 08:38 PM
tezcatlipoca

Hi!!!

Just for the record the MDS really makes a diference in the MPG if you try to constantly respect the 55 MPH limit and keep a really smooth start/stop driving, i can obtain 20 MPG if I drive 17 MPG if the chofer does.

I noticed that the quality of your oil, filters and the gas are really involved in the MPG and the performance of the trucks (but the MPG mostly depends of the driving habits).

Regards.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:36 AM
ryjack

ORIGINAL: tezcatlipoca

Hi!!!

Just for the record the MDS really makes a diference in the MPG if you try to constantly respect the 55 MPH limit and keep a really smooth start/stop driving, i can obtain 20 MPG if I drive 17 MPG if the chofer does.

I noticed that the quality of your oil, filters and the gas are really involved in the MPG and the performance of the trucks (but the MPG mostly depends of the driving habits).

Regards.

Thank for being inteligent enough to understand my argument.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:12 PM
djr04
All Star

tow/haul or OD off will disable MDS. (temporary, has to be done each time truck is started) Or replace some parts in your drivetrain and get a custom flash to remove MDS. (permanent, loss of better fuel economy - MDS is a great fuel saver, especially if you have lots of highway driving in the 65 mph range). Programmers (thus far) can't touch MDS programming.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:22 PM
TxMoonshine

Yes, Hemi_guy, that is exactly what happens. By lowering the restriction, you gain hp and tq and milage. Just because you increase the hp though, doesn't mean that you have to use it. It is good for towing and such. Then when you aren't towing you get the better MPG if you can keep out of it. However ryjack, my driving is the same in both. I don't want to pay for a lead foot, so I keep it sane. I have a fair mix of city and hwy. There really is no reason to dog someone for a question just because you don't like the reason that MAY be behind it. If you don't have an answer for the question, why post? He didn't ask for critsism or thoughts on why/why not.