Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

MDS????

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:02 PM
lilwhit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MDS????

DOES ANY BODY KNOW HOW TO DISALBLE THE MDS IN MY TRUCK OR IF THEY MAKE PROGRAMMER FOR THAT YET!

2007 DODGE RAM HEMI 4DR 4X4

Old 04-29-2007, 12:37 AM
ryjack
Default RE: MDS????

ORIGINAL: lilwhit

DOES ANY BODY KNOW HOW TO DISALBLE THE MDS IN MY TRUCK OR IF THEY MAKE PROGRAMMER FOR THAT YET!

Why in the hell would you want to get 14 mpg instead of 20 mpg, when gas is $3.25 a gallon? Is it so it'll sound cooler with your obnoxious exhaust? Give me a break!

Old 04-29-2007, 03:41 PM
prerunner
Captain

ORIGINAL: lilwhit

No, there is no way to disable the MDS right now.

Ryjack,

How is your post even helpfull??????

Old 04-30-2007, 12:29 AM
ryjack

[/quote]

Ryjack,

[/quote]

Do you really think I was trying to be helpful?

My original quote was not intended to be helpful. It was intended to be a ******** answer, to a stupid question.

Here you want help? Trade that '07 to someone who doesn't have the money to waste on gas so his exhaust will "sound cool". Get an '05, and cut the exhaust off right behind the cat! That otta sound real cool!!

Old 04-30-2007, 01:07 AM
prerunner
Captain

ok

Old 05-01-2007, 02:34 AM
ryjack

This is an exact quote from "lilwhit" directly to my email.

"hi ryjack i see your point u dont like loud pipes ok thats your option. if u dont have any helpful information for people on here, then keep your smart *** comments to your your self.that is the 2 time you have done that but i think i will keep my loud pipes so i dont have to hear *** holes like u!"

Obviously we're dealing with some real brains here. I think throwing away 20+ mpg, so that you can have loud exhaust to give people the urge to look at you and think to themselves "wow, that guy's really not cool" is stupid. I'm sorry that I didn't sugar-coat my reply to make you feel good about yourself, but your driving an '07 Ram Pickup. Not a '69 Charger with a blown Hemi and Big & Littles, meant to go straight-fast.

So "lilwhit",******** like me only make noise when stupid people like you are around.

Don't be embarrassed to reply in a public forum, I prommis you won't hurt my feelings.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:46 AM
Riddla
Rookie

ORIGINAL: ryjack
Ryjack,

[/quote]

Do you really think I was trying to be helpful?

My original quote was not intended to be helpful. It was intended to be a ******** answer, to a stupid question.

Here you want help? Trade that '07 to someone who doesn't have the money to waste on gas so his exhaust will "sound cool". Get an '05, and cut the exhaust off right behind the cat! That otta sound real cool!!

[/quote]

It is his money not yours, unless you're paying for his gas.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:09 PM
workingspy
Professional

Hey Ryjack
I don't know what lies your driving but I can tell you your not getting anything close to 20 mpg, your probably not even hitting 14 mpg with the MDS just like the rest of the Ram drivers in the world (see this post for that info https://dodgeforum.com/m_181078/tm.htm ). Secondly the 07 Ram MDS has been fixed of its problems, there is no extra sounds coming from my after market exhaust other then a badass one. Sorry buddy but if you wanted your truck for work you would have got a Cummins or a 4.7 not a gas pounding 5.7 Hemi. For example your sure as hell not going to pack too much stuffin your SRT-10, you should really know what your talking about before you open your mouth.

So Ryjack losers like you should go back to driving in the slow lane with the girls in the beatles and the old ladies and

Old 05-01-2007, 02:16 PM
workingspy
Professional

leave the open road to the people that actually know amore about our vehicle than what the dealership told them.

lilwhit to answer your question you can disable your MDS by driving with your overdrive off, but obviously this is not a perminant fix.

Old 05-02-2007, 02:52 AM
ryjack

ORIGINAL: workingspy

Hey Ryjack
I don't know what lies your driving but I can tell you your not getting anything close to 20 mpg, your probably not even hitting 14 mpg with the MDS just like the rest of the Ram drivers in the world (see this post for that info https://dodgeforum.com/m_181078/tm.htm ). Secondly the 07 Ram MDS has been fixed of its problems, there is no extra sounds coming from my after market exhaust other then a badass one. Sorry buddy but if you wanted your truck for work you would have got a Cummins or a 4.7 not a gas pounding 5.7 Hemi. For example your sure as hell not going to pack too much stuffin your SRT-10, you should really know what your talking about before you open your mouth.

So Ryjack losers like you should go back to driving in the slow lane with the girls in the beatles and the old ladies and

Well workingspy,

You're not very observant, for a spy. Look a little closer at the picture here to you left, thats not an '07 with MDS. It's actualy an '01 with a 5.9 and I do get on average 14.2 mpg @ 68-72. Also not very observant of yourself is the fact that most of the posts to your link there, are pre '06, which is before the MDS was introduced. Those that are '06 and newer with MDS and were getting lousy milage were A: driving in town, and B: said flat out, they can't keep their foot out of it. Those that were on the freeway, averaging 65-70 got 17.5 to 19+. Secondly the funny sound coming from the MDS engines can't just be fixed, there are four cylinders that are not getting fuel or firing, so there gonna make a little noise. Obviously you don't belong on "the open road" and don't know more about "our vehicle" if you can't here it. I drive a pickup, meant to get me to and from my job, not be the fasted production truck made. Your right if I had the means to go get an '07 Mega Cab with a CTD I would, but right now I don't. So in your own words, "you should really know what you're talking about, befor you open your mouth".

So blindspy, weiners like you should stay over there in the fast lane like a child playing follow the leader, and leave the other three lanes to the people that know how to use the freeway.

Riddla your right, it's not my money, I just don't understand ignorance, it's one of my flaws, to try and reason with ignorant people, I try to fix them. It's like a challange, it's kinda fun.

And to anyone else, I said nothing about good sounding exhaust, I said obnoxious exhaust, you know the kind that is louder than the stereo in my truck with my windows up, when it's two cars in front of me on the freeway.