Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

HID Lamps and fogs

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:10 PM
MrSig9MM226
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Lamps and fogs

Hi All,

I wanted to get opinions on what HID manufacturer to go with for both headlights & fogs. I have a 2004 ram 1500.... Ideally I would like to keep my high & lo beams... any recommendations?

Old 05-15-2007, 12:25 PM
crcarch
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HID Lamps and fogs

I've triedthem before.I don't remember the kit manuf. but it used Philips bulbs and igniters.No one makes a hi-low HID element that I'm aware of, so you'll loose your high beamsandas a result theLIGHT-OUT warning light is constantly on. Also, even though the bulb base is the same as stock,the lighting element in the bulb is physically different so the distribultion pattern is off.Light is going everywhere and not really focused on the road. Unless you want to do without high-beams, light up everything but the road, have oncoming traffic constantly flashing there brights at you and have a bright yellow light on your dash all the time, I'd recommend against going HID. I took them out after a week and went with the Sylvania Silver Star Ultra's. Bright light and no complaints.

If you want to try 'em anyway, I've got a very slightly used set I'll sell you!

Quick Reply: HID Lamps and fogs