Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Traction Woes

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 02:28 AM
TxMoonshine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Woes

I have an '06 Ram QC 2x4 with the Hemi. I'm trying to figure out how to keep the power on the ground. It supposedly has the anti-slip, but it spins real easily. Does anyone make a locking rear for this thing? Thinking power to both rear wheels might help. Any other suggestions? Thanx. [align=right][/align]

Old 05-17-2007, 11:28 AM
crcarch
Professional
Default RE: Traction Woes

Make sure both tires spin. If only the right side tire breaks loose, you don't have anti-slip. If both tires spin, you've got asure-trac rear-end, so a locker isn't going to make a difference. Besides a lighter foot, bigger tires are about the only thing that willhelp. I have 305/50-R20's that fit the stock wheels well. Less slip in the low traction conditions, but I can still break 'em loose if I floor it.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:04 PM
djr04
All Star

The stock tires aren't very good for traction either. Slightest bit of rain and you have to baby the throttle from a stop.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 AM
workingspy
Professional

If your using stock tire your answer lies right there. Try some 22 x 10 thats what I have or anything with a wide foot print, after that you will be laughing. You will spend more time trying everything you can to make those babies squeak, even at the drag strip she still can hardly spin. In my opinion tire are one of the best easy performance upgrades for the money and return..

Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 AM
daygoVR6

stop putting your foot in it so much

best way to tell if it actually has a locking rear end is to perform a lil foot break test andlook at the tire marks - you could take slight amount of air pressure out of the tires as well to help put a bit more of a load on the tires- try about 32 PSI if you are not there already - a wider better quality tire will help as well just be careful with the overall diameter of the factory tire as a larger or smaller size can effect your RPM and Speedo reading

Quick Reply: Traction Woes