Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

error code (torque converter)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 01:46 AM
popestar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default error code (torque converter)

I have an 05' Dodge 2500 Diesel that has a code error (P1740) that keeps coming on. The dealer replaced my torque converter, the transmission solenoid & transducer. 1 month later the same code error came on. Now the dealership says it is because I have too big of tires on the truck (325/60R18)and that it keeps tripping the engine light. Is this possible? I also am running a Juice Attitude computer (which I remove before I take it in to the dealer). I never use more than the 2nd setting,could it be tripping the error?

Old 06-03-2007, 12:56 PM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: error code (torque converter)

I don't know the solution to your question, but be careful with those diesel programmers. Some of them reset engine hours and engine idle time, and the first thing chrysler asks for if you blow a restricted part (turbo, injectors, some other things) is for the tech to pull those two items to be sure a programmer was not used.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

if i was u i would not use it ne more untill warranty is out dj404 is right when star asks if a programer was used i can into the diesel computer and it will tell u if modicications have been performed or changed.once the dealer finds out that a daughter computer has been used there goes your warranty even power train.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:48 PM
popestar

Thanx for the reply but since I have already had the programmer hooked up, there is a record of it's use in the mother computer-right?

Old 06-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

yeah

Quick Reply: error code (torque converter)