Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

How do you all park?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 12:39 AM
moreese
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you all park?

here is a moderatly funny story... My wife had to go the hospital the other day for a routine proceedure, where they would put her to sleep... I thought it would be a good idea to drive my 04 ram QC 4x4 to the appointment rather than the 04 wrangler sport... you know, obviously roomier in the ram...

What i did not consider is that I would have to park in a parking garage and to get out I had to do the austin powers pull up, back up, pull up back up routine for a few minutes to finally get out!

Next time i will drive the wrangler!

Old 09-27-2004, 10:25 PM
CalHemi
Veteran

Go with the BFE theory myself, Hate it when some one parks real close, there just looking for a dent.

Old 09-27-2004, 10:55 PM
jhalfhill
Rookie

If you think it's hard to park a Ram, try parking a new Silverado. I can easily park my dads QC Ram but my Silverado is a bitch. I have to pull up, back up.

Old 09-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Mikeg1005
Professional

I have to parrallel park for school, I have no trouble ever, my friend couldnt park her little sunfire, so she asked me I found that thing harder to park then my truck, idk why. But when it comes to straight spots just go on the other side of the parking lane and turn in, people usually let a big truck go in their lane when they are driving something like a civic or a minivan.

No offence to soccer moms but all ways make me mad when I drive. They always give me this dirty look if I very nicely pass them and signal back into the lane, or when they hear my exhaust, and they pass me up again, its just this staredown as though I had done something wrong for driving a truck.

But my theory is park so that you feel good and can get out, because more likely then not, people never park close to a truck. I always have room on each side because everyone trys to hug the other parking stripe.

MIke.

Old 09-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4 wheel low is all I need after that you can park anywhere you want

Old 09-28-2004, 11:50 PM
98_Ram

Lol, when im at my buddies apartment complex I just run over the curb and pull in, its actually the only way to park a truck there.

Old 09-29-2004, 12:09 AM
TSR6

I'm about to use 4LO on this B.... that keeps parking sideways across two spots. It's not because its a nice car, and she's double parking. It's because she can't park, I've watched, and damn near bit my toungue off trying not to say anything to her.

Old 09-29-2004, 04:14 AM
vHiEpMeIr
Record Breaker

I agree, it's easier getting in and out when you back in.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Bender
Veteran

Back in. May take a little longer but leaving is a snap. Plus backing out of a parking spot using the right mirror where everything is closer than it appears is a pain.

Old 09-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Kryabn1

Does anyone know if a 88 chevy long box will park easier than a 97 dodge ram long box? The front end seems alot smaller.

Quick Reply: How do you all park?