Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Back-up camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:28 PM
civilgee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back-up camera

I have a 2006 Mega Cab with the navigation system. My question is there a way to hook up a back-up camera that was use the navigation screen for the display. Has anybody done this?

Old 06-23-2007, 01:03 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Back-up camera

I am not sure. All I can say is to take the screen out and look to see if there is an AUX video input to hook up into. Another way to look is to see if there is an AUX button on the front of monitor to allow you to switch between inputs, this will also tell you. If you do, then you have to look to see what video input you need and buy the system that matches.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:50 AM
Rgory
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Back-up camera

Mopar has started to produce the REC navigation unit (the one that comes in the 06 and 07) with a back-up camera input. This feature is currently only offered on the Jeep line up. There have been people that have tried to tap into the input, but seeing how smart our cars are, they know they are not in a Jeep and therefore will not allow the input to be utilized.

There is a company called TvandNav2go that you ship them your Nav unit and they will solder input wires on and then send it back. It is one way to get a back up camera input on the nav screen but not cheap either.

Ryan

Quick Reply: Back-up camera