Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

V10 head gasket

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 07:16 PM
Cowboy_Customs
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V10 head gasket

Im lookin into a 2500 with the V10 thats got a blown head gasket. Is there any cause for concern with that? How is the V10's reputation?The price is right on this truck, n im no stranger to HARD wrenchin! Just curious what ya'll thought, n how hard it is to do the head gaskets.

Old 06-25-2007, 12:07 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V10 head gasket

Its hard to say how hard it will be to do a head gasket. for some its hard and for others its not. i dont see it as a hard project, i just see it as getting a lot of new gaskets put on there. and also, while things are apart, how far do you want to take it. you should change some other things while its exposed. But besides that, the only downside of the truck that i see is that the v 10 will use a little more fuel. So what, its a truck and the v 10 will be awsome. IMHO.

The following users liked this post:
Dwight 566 tafc (07-12-2023)
Old 06-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Cowboy_Customs
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My thoughts exactly! Headgaskets n motor work r no big thing to me at all. The fuel thing is going to bug me though, i'll be going from Cummins power, back to gas. [sm=boink3.gif](not a story i want to get into again)

So what kinda goodies didjya have in mind with the heads off? [sm=nxsmile.gif]

Old 06-25-2007, 07:24 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, since your going to rip it apart, you might as well put rockers in. There are a lot of topics about different rockers on this site(just search for it) And you should get them ported and polished. I would change to a different intake, maybe even go a little further and get down to the cam. While doing the cam i would replace the timing chain and sproket and maybe even the water pump. depends on what your looking to spend. Ima big believer in the saying if it aint broke dont fix it, but if the truck has been driven a lot or hard (which w/ a blown head gasket i would say it probably has been) you might want to look into changing all these things while you have the motor apart. But thats just my 2 cents. What i would do is do a few serches on this site in reguards to good after market parts for that motor. Im sure you will come up with a bunch of ideas.

Quick Reply: V10 head gasket