Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Superchips question

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:20 PM
HemiRob1979
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips question

Hiya folks

Im looking at getting myself a superchips programmer in the very near future and would love to hear the good the bad and the ugly expierences from anyone with a superchips programmer out there. I own a 2003 Dodge Ram 5.7(hemi) and have noticed the website only applying to 2004's-2007's with the 3815 Superchips Flashpaq tuner programmer, will this work with mine ? Or perhaps I may have to track down a older programmer ?

Thanks in advanced folks

Old 06-30-2007, 08:28 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: Superchips question

Welcome tot he forumI had good and bad expiriences, but am working on the bad right now, I had a 06 hemi and it was great, not I have a 05 CTD and am having a issue with flashpaq check flashpaq.com and go to the forum and you will see a lot of input.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:03 PM
revillusion757
Rookie

I have an 02 Ram 1500. With the 4.7 V8. Does anyone have any numbers from the dyno after using the superchips tuners?

Thanks

Old 07-05-2007, 02:43 PM
tinyfxds
Veteran

I've got a Superchips for my 02 Ram 1500. IMO the superchips is a good buy if you are looking for more solid shifts. It really makes a difference in this department. Horsepower is another story. I did not notice a change in horsepower but I wasn't really expecting to. My gas mileage did increase about 1-1.5mpg so that was good. My truck also runs smoother; yet another bonus from the guys at superchips.

Bottom line is: If you want mildhorsepower gains and harder shifts than buya superchips. I feel it was worth the money I spent and I am happy with the results. You will be dissapointed if you buy one thinking it will turn your truck into a rocket ship though.

Autoanything.com has very good prices on them and you can read the reviews from past customers, like myself.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:44 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know what the difference is between an '03 hemi and the '04-'07 but there must be one. There is a tuner for the '03, but it is not the "flashpak", meaning you can get updated via the net. I have a buddy with the '03 and he likes his though. I think the crisper shifts of my tranny is worth the price of the tuner in itself, so all the other features are gravy...
I've returned mine to stock for a couple of days on two occasions now, and thaught the truck performance sucked, so I cannot picture myself without one. Both times I did so to allow friends to try it out on their trucks, (an'06 and '07 Hemi) and both bought one.
I made that comment on the Superchips forum, joking that they should put me on commission, so they sent me a free t-shirt instead - woo woo!!!

Old 07-11-2007, 03:58 AM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one for my 99 1500 5.9L and I'm lovin the thing. I haven't had a chance to dyno my truck yet because trying to find a place out here with a dyno is a pain in the *** but I can tell there was an increase in my hp, torque, and gas milage after installing the program,

Quick Reply: Superchips question