Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

5-45RFE 5sp Trans(Hemi)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 03:55 PM
Offroad Hemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5-45RFE 5sp Trans(Hemi)

Boy am I glad that I have a 7/70 warranty. I did however not expect to be using it at 724mi. Yes, seven hundred and twenty four miles. So here was the problem, I started my truck, drove down the block and noticed the truck did not shift into second. In the week I have owned the truck it was the coldest since. I figured it was to do with the fluid being cold. Well when I entered the main street, before I was doing about 15mph, I accelerated to a max of 35-40 before the rev limiter kicked in. The check engine came on immediately before the rev limiter kicked in. I pulled over checked all controls, and restarted the truck. The check engine light was not on, but immediately as I accelerated the same thing as before happened. It was morning, and I did not have to work so I proceeded to the dealer(5mi). After 2 hrs in the shop, I was told a trans pressure sensor failed which caused line pressure valve into the transmission to close.In order to relieve what the computer thought was high pressure in the trans, the line out valve remained open.Essentially starving the trans of fluid after all the fluid was evacuatedand none was allowed in.The dealer installed a new sensor, and went for a testdrive which lasted until the end of the service bay where the trans locked up completely.</P>

</P>

Now to today...A complete trans is being shipped from Michigan, the dealer will be swapping the trans. As soon as production starts again after the holidays, they will be building me a new 2004 Ram. My dealer did a nationwide search for a replacement,in the US there are 5 with the same options (and still for sale) as mine has. So someone inColorado, Texas, Maryland, Georgia, and New MexicoI hope you all likemy options.</P>

Quick Reply: 5-45RFE 5sp Trans(Hemi)