Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Fuel Filters

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 02:52 AM
Kryabn1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Filters

I have a question on fuel filters. How often should they be changed? How important are they? Where are they located? Are they easy to change? I had someone tell me fuel injected vehicals dont even have fuel filters. What is the story on them. Thanks.

Old 10-14-2004, 01:04 PM
98_Ram
Default RE: Fuel Filters

I know with my 98 the fuel filter is in the gas tank with the fuel pump, a mech buddy of mine told me those only need to be replaced whenever the pump goes out.

Old 10-14-2004, 02:31 PM
moreese

ORIGINAL: Kryabn1

I have a question on fuel filters. How often should they be changed? How important are they? Where are they located? Are they easy to change? I had someone tell me fuel injected vehicals dont even have fuel filters. What is the story on them. Thanks.
I think that the owners manual will tell you to change the fuel filter about every 36K. fuel filters are important, they keep particles from getting to your injectors and clogging them or doing other damage. there is particlulate matter in all fuel, it comes from your fuel tank (corrosion due to condensation) and from the tanks at hte gas station, tanker trucks and bulk storage depots. In my experience with fuel, it can be quite dirty!

So in my opinion, change your fuel fiters at least every 36K.

Old 10-14-2004, 11:56 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a PIA to drop the tank to get at the filter. The only one I have done had 92K miles and the filter was OK. Good luck with filter.

Quick Reply: Fuel Filters