Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

2002 Ram radio help

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 PM
jhornfd11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Ram radio help

I have a ’02 1500 Sport. My stock AM/FM cassette radio was working intermittently and now it seams to be dead. Now the red alarm indicator light stays on on the dash and my power locks and keyless entry doesn’t work. All of the fuses are still good. Would the radio acting up cause these other problem and would a simple replacement solve this? Or am I looking at a greater issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Old 08-01-2007, 10:56 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: 2002 Ram radio help

I have the same head unit, plus a straight cd only one that I can sell you

Old 08-02-2007, 08:06 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to DF. and yes the radio can mess that up.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:30 PM
jhornfd11

rtmorrisjr.....Thanks for the input. That makes me feel better

HemiLonestar.........Thanks but I already purchased another. THX

Old 08-03-2007, 08:23 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would say that there is a ground issue there. take the unit out and check all the wires. I bet you have a wire thats either cut or touching (metal to metal) thats cause it. i think that the alarm is on the same circut as the radio. that would give you the issue.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check the IOD fuse.

DESCRIPTION
All vehicles are equipped with an Ignition-Off Draw (IOD) fuse that is disconnected within the Integrated Power Module when the vehicle is shipped from the factory. Dealer personnel are to reconnect the IOD fuse in the Integrated Power Module as part of the preparation procedures performed just prior to new vehicle delivery.
A laser printed fuse layout map is integral to the Integrated Power Module cover to ensure proper fuse identification. The IOD fuse is a 20 ampere mini blade-type fuse, located in fuse cavity # 51 (IOD FUSE LOCATION). The fuse is secured within a black molded plastic fuse holder and puller unit that serves both as a tool for disconnecting and reconnecting the fuse in its Integrated Power Module cavity, and as a fuse holder that conveniently stores the fuse in the same Integrated Power Module cavity after it has been disconnected.
CIRCUITS INCLUDED WITH IOD FUSE
[ul][*]Cluster (CCN)[*]Diagnostic Connector[*]Map Lamps[*]Glove Box Lamp[*]Courtesy Lamps[*]Radio[*]Underhood Lamp [/ul]

Old 08-25-2007, 10:48 PM
jhornfd11

Yea...I replaced the radio and it didn't resolve the problem. I guesss I have to take it to the dealer to track down the ground fault. Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: 2002 Ram radio help