Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

hemi motor problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:58 PM
thielster2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hemi motor problems

hi yall,
i have a 2003 4x4 hemi, need some input on these engines, 2 weeks ago i went to pass a car and did not have any power rpm stayed the same and mph stayed the same. got it home gave it some gas and heard some knocking, it sounded like the lower right side of the engine, ihad it taken toto the dodge dealership, the said there was major internal damage, well duh!!! they also said it looked like some water was in the airfilter box (stock one) they said i water locked the eng. there is no way that happen i have not been threw any water deeper than 2 inches in all this rain we have had in central tx. they said the factory 7/7would not cover it. they said it sucked the water in to the throttle body there is no way

Old 08-09-2007, 08:33 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hemi motor problems

Try going to another dealer. it should be covered. it's in the drive train. if that doesn't help, get a buddy to go into the dealer and act as if buying a new truck. Make sure its a brand new w/ all the option. Then go back to the dealer where he will be at and cry to them about fixing it. when they say no again, say that you will have to go tell your buddy not to get the truck, that the service is bad and they wont cover anything. My father was able to get a new tranny while out of warrenty this way. but my grandfather (the buddy) really did buy the truck. Not saying its going to work, but always worth a shot. might at least get a lowered price. good luck. And btw, welcome to DF

Old 08-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hemi motor problems

got a better idea call chrysler ask teh dealer for then number see if there is something that way and make it legit.

Quick Reply: hemi motor problems