Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:21 PM
lilturtlegirl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problems

hi, new to the forum and site, wondering if anyone out there has some advice for cluthc probs. issue is a 99 dodge ram 1500 5 speed......possible throwout bearing gone....want to replace it myself but do not have a manual for the vehicle....anyone know of a site that has that info or can help me in anyway?

Old 08-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: clutch problems

your best bet is going to also replace the clutch while your at it. . .the pilot bearing, and replaceing the rear main is also advisable. then while you have the flywheel out take it to a machine shop and have them resurface it like a brake disk.

I learned this the hard way with my toyota. I replaced the clutch and the throwout bearing. . .now I'm having a hard time shifting into 2nd and 3rd. Ive got to go in and replace the pilot bearing, and while I'm in there I'm also going to replace the rear main.

it is not always a good thing to just nickel and dime yourself through fixing your rig. . .go ahead and spend the little extra and put everything in good mechanical order or you will have issues down the road.

Quick Reply: clutch problems