Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

darn drop in bed liner

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 11:08 PM
ttuguy1983
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default darn drop in bed liner

my drop in bed liner has been rubbing the paint off of my truck where it hangs over the tailgate and over the back of the bed. If you have one beware. I cut the overhang over the tailgate off and plan to put some king of molding tape under the rear portion to keep it from making contact.. The only reason i noticed is because a carwash scratched it and i made them repaint it. So now it looks new again and i plan to keep it that way.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:24 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: darn drop in bed liner

best thing to do....get rid of the drop in. i have the same issue w/ mine. just cant afford to do the line-x yet.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:01 AM
ttuguy1983
Veteran

i have someone that said hed do it for 300 bucks. it's not in the budget plans right now though

Old 08-27-2007, 11:22 AM
workingspy
Professional

I found that mine is rubbing on my boxes raised ribs on the floor and it's rubbing off some of the paint. It's a Bi&%h considering it is supposed to protect the bed. Now the drop in liner dose protect alot better then the spray in liner for dents and scratches and it has done it's job very well in that department. I guess if I really care in the long run I will have to get the bed painted but untill then I will just keep the liner in. I will not pay for the spray in just to prevent scratches when there will be big dents instead.

[IMG]local://upfiles/59482/014094D2DB7F465C9ADE670CB484DA9F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

the drop in bed liners come with a disclaimer that basically says

for protection of bed from damage caused by tools, and other items. may cause wear of paint under bed liner.

all of my bed liners moved a smidgen. for the most part, they stayed in place. when ya have a spray in one installed, the company will scratch the crap out of the bed and rails anyway so it will stick properly. then what will ya do about that??????

Old 08-29-2007, 09:29 AM
workingspy
Professional

Well said bajafun, when you put it like that and they both look good so it's a through upwith me. I probably would have complained about the spray in to your right.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:56 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a BedRug. Went to buy a drop in (like I've always had in every truck I've ever owned) and was talked into the Bedrug. That was 3 years ago and I'll NEVER get a drop in again. I have beaten this thing up and it looks almost like new. I've spilled gas & battery acid on it, had mulch & sand dumped in the bed with no problems. I just broom and/or pressure wash it off, maybe hit it with a shop vac twice a year and that's it. I'm thinking of actually taking it out (heavy duty zippers allow you to remove just the bed portion easily) and using a rug shampoo-er on it next time I clean it.
BTW - As someone who has had knee surgery, it's also great to move around on.

Actually one of the best mods I've done.....

Old 08-30-2007, 11:48 AM
HAWKDRIVER
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did the rug cost Hammer? You put it in yourself? I'd like to see some pic's of yours after 3 years. Might be a good alternative to a rhino lining.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: workingspy

Well said bajafun, when you put it like that and they both look good so it's a through upwith me. I probably would have complained about the spray in to your right.

Quick Reply: darn drop in bed liner