Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Truck is making noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 04:27 PM
MicRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck is making noise

I have a 2002 5.9 4x4 quad cab. And at first it just sounded as if the front left shock was squeeking, but now its gotten alot work, sounds almost like a snapping sound when i turn the wheel. Sounds alot worse when turning left or keeping it straight then when im turning right. It was real bad last night when i backed out of my garage and was going real slow and cut the wheel, i thought i broke something. sounded like a cv joint could be going, but a buddy looked under my truck and said they looked fine. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help.

-Sean

Old 10-23-2004, 05:43 PM
GRAB 4
Default RE: Truck is making noise

I have a freind of mine that also has a 2002 Ram. I remember when he had the same problem. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe his problem was one of the ball joints on that side? Is your truck still under some warrenty? Check to see if there is a recall, if you have not already done so.

Old 10-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Snafu

Could be a ball joint. Sounds like it could be a sway bar link, possibly a tie rod end. Crawl under it and look for anything loose.

Old 10-23-2004, 07:11 PM
MicRam

Im gonna go check for anything loose, who can i contact about a recall?

Old 10-23-2004, 10:25 PM
MicRam

ORIGINAL: Snafu

Could be a ball joint. Sounds like it could be a sway bar link, possibly a tie rod end. Crawl under it and look for anything loose.
well i looked under the truck and nothing appeared to be loose, but the autobody place is closed until monday, so i'll have to wait until then to see what it is i guess.

Quick Reply: Truck is making noise