Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Small suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 05:20 PM
5.91500beast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small suspension lift

I have a '99 1500 sport 4x4..and i love the way the Off-road editions look sitting just that little bit higher. I've looked around and no one really sells just a 2" suspension lift, and i hate the way body lifts look. i really dont want a big lift or anything like that, i just want that small amount more of clearance that the off road has..and even the 2500's have. is there anyway to get that out of suspension mods as opposed to just a body lift?

Old 10-25-2004, 06:13 PM
doziersdodge
Professional
Default RE: Small suspension lift

Get a leveling kit for the front and an add-a-leaf for the rear. That will run you about $200. The leveling kit will raise the front about 2" and then get a 1.5" add-a-leaf. That is what I did and I love the ride. I can still use stock height shocks.

Old 11-08-2004, 11:24 PM
lifted97
Default RE: Small suspension lift

Rough Country sells a 2" lift kit for around $250, but I would definately recomend going with a 3" Rancho Sport lift. It is a much nicer kit, and it gives you new lower control arms, which help keep your steering geometry right. I had a Rough Country 2" lift on my old 96 Ram, but I wrecked it. On the 97 that I have now, I installed the 3" Rancho kit, which I purchased from Summitt for $300, and am much happier with it. Either way you go, dont just put spacers in the front and an add-a-leaf in the back; get a kit and get the proper length shocks. You will feel a big difference in handling with the proper shocks.

Quick Reply: Small suspension lift