Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Cold Air Induction Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:00 PM
RedRam4.7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Induction Problem

Hey guys, Ive been finding some really cheap costing CAI's on Ebay, they are still 2pc and include all the hardware, and include the filter, but they are not really a major brand like K&N or AEM, I was just wonderin, how come they're cheaper, and would it be a bad idea to put on a car since it cost so cheap? Is there other bolt ons to boost performance on my truck that wont bust my wallet?

Old 08-28-2007, 08:53 PM
287cc
Veteran
Default RE: Cold Air Induction Problem

Your best bet is getting the aem knock offs that ebay sells(60-90 bucks shipped). I know which one you are taking about and those are crap. Since I do not know how to post pics on here pm me your email and I will send you pics of the one you should be getting.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:27 PM
TangleEyes

Just out of curiousity; What kind of budget with what kind of truck are you working with? I was gonna suggest something but don't want to give you info that is completely off-track.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:58 PM
RedRam4.7

Hey tangleEyes, my budget is anything $300 or lower, im workin with a 2007 Dodge Ram 4.7L Big Horn Edition

Old 08-28-2007, 10:04 PM
TangleEyes

Based on that information I found this:
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pr...old_air_intake

It's around thatmark. Hope that helped and will keep looking.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:14 PM
HAWKDRIVER
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red,
If your looking under $300. You might want to look at a Volant CAI.(273.95 at autoanything.com)They utilyze a closed box design to keep the air cooler. I've heard of theinstructions beingconfusing but I just put mine in on Fri. and it took 20 minutes. I was kinda disappointed. (was in the mood for wrenchin'). They have an outlet built into the box for adding a ram air kitand they look kick ***. My buddy who helped me has a K&N on his silverado and wanted to throw it out to get a Volant. Not to mention the engine roars when you get on it. So far I've noticed about .7 to 1 mpg better on the computer.

Old 08-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Eurosooner77

I saw that they didnt make anything for the 07 Ram yet. I was going to go with a K&N, but there isnt really a box to keep the air cooler.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Induction Problem