Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Engine Hesitation and Sta

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 05:34 AM
Gilitin209
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Hesitation and Sta

Hi I have a 96 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.2L So a couple months ago my truck started hesitating while I was driving it. It would just be a small jolt and then back to normal. It soon progressed to where the engine would die while i was driving. It somtimes would restart on its own or I would have to restart it. It also sometimes refused to start, It would turn over but not fire up. I took it to the dealership and they said my catalytic converter was bad. So I got a replacement catalytic converter and installed it, but alas the problem is still there. It still hesitates and stalls while driving. Now I need to figure out what is reaaly wrong before I spend any more money. Please help me.</P>

Old 01-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Vader
Champion

Coil pack, fuel pump are two items I would look into. And btw, make the dealer who misinformed you, refund your money.

Old 01-11-2004, 11:43 PM
theman

start with the easy and cheap items. I would try replacing the fuel filter. See where that gets you.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:00 PM
RaM MaN

where you are located is cold weather starting to set in?</P>

Old 01-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Gilitin209

I live in Arizona so cold weather is not a factor, its 60-70 degrees here right now.There is no fuel filter on my truck, just a "sock" as they call it on the fuel line right after the fuel sending unit in the gas tank.Igot under my truck this morning and felt around the area where my catalytic converter hooked up to my exhaust manifold and apparently I didnt have a good seal as there was a massive exhaust leak. I bent the pipe to make a perfect fit so im gonna see where this gets me <edited><editID>Gilitin209</editID><editDate>37998.6377777778</editDate></edited>

Old 01-24-2004, 04:44 AM
Gilitin209

Just to let anyone know who has the same problem, my crank position sensor unit and gone bad, basically telling the computer to fire at the wrong time, my o2 sensor also was replaced but that was more due to the catalytic converter. SO good luck if you have the same problem, get it fixed quick before you end up stranded in the middle of nowhere

Quick Reply: Engine Hesitation and Sta