Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

CLUNK NOISE ON 04 HEMI P

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 10:34 PM
HEMIFIED
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLUNK NOISE ON 04 HEMI P

My earlier post I said my 04 4x4 Hemitruck clunked when turning rightwhile backing up. I took it to the dealership the first timeand they heard it and tightend all the bolts under neath but it did the same thing. I took it in Tuesday and asked that a mechanic would do a test drive with me and not the service rep this time. The mechanic heard it clunk and said it was not a common problem. In fact he said henever heard one do that before. The service manager called Dodge head quarters and they new of no incidence with this. However, the manager called another dealership and they said to take off the torsion bar and relube the bushings. They had one that did this and it worked. I took it back today and this solved the problem. Next,on the report they only put the symptom and not what they did.I had the dealership to write me up a report stating everything that was done. I need proof in case this comes up again. I only have 1500 miles on it.I got a feeling it will be a techboard out on this soon. It is only on the 04 4x4 Hemi. <edited><editID>HEMIFIED</editID><editDate>38009.8161574074</editDate></edited>

Old 01-24-2004, 01:58 PM
kaostik
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CLUNK NOISE ON 04 HEMI P

good to put that out there, that way, when and if this is happening to
someone here, we wont have to scramble and rip apart our trucks. i'll
be listening to my truck. thanks

Quick Reply: CLUNK NOISE ON 04 HEMI P