Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

New to Dodge's

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Beitzel15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Dodge's

First post.
I was looking to buy a truck in the next few months and was looking at the 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 regular cab... And then a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 but I have a few questions about the Rams....

What do you guys get as far as gas mileage on a 1500 Ram 4x4 Quad Cab and would putting a K&N CAI in it help with that?

I love the looks of the outside but.... The inside... I want bucket seats for the front, leather would be nice but not a must and I want a console thats between the front seats and goes to the dash. I saw that on ONE Ram, all the others have the bench seat.. What models have the Front Bucket Seats/Console?

How come I dont see any06 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie's.. They have everything I want in my dodge but I cant find any, anywhere? Like I said, Cloth seats are fine with me but I do not want fron bech seats and no console. So with what I want, what model do I need to be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Default RE: New to Dodge's

WELCOME Beitzel15 TO DF!!

now I see here that you are torn between a chevy and dodge.

take a seat and think about it for a minute.

the trucks you mention are standard run of the mill units that have a V6 or V8 power plant. the kids love em cause they are easy to work on and the seem to "go fast". now, what do you plan on using the truck for??

off roading? hauling? pickin up on chicks??

all fine and dandy.

the average mpg from either truck is between 12 - 15.

would you like better milage???

be able to haul heavy loads??

smoke the competition at the line????

then lets take a walk and look at the

CUMMINS DIESEL powered dodges...

5.9 liter inline 6 cummins

610 ft lbs of torque
325 horses

6.7 l cummins inline 6

650 ft lbs of torque
325 horses

hemi gasser

375 ft lbs of torque
345 horses

and the chevys dont compare...

Old 09-17-2007, 04:20 PM
tonyaustin2007

I would like to agree with Bajafun. I was in the same boat you are in. before I baught my truck I looked at all of them. and to me nothing compared to the dodge. I was first looking at the 2500 Cummins at first, and compared to the fords and chevy's that truck just handled like it was on rails. I realized that maybe the Cummins was a little much so I settled for a 1500 and I was scared about the gas thing too, and it's not bad compared to my buddy that is stuck in a F150 paying $80 every 3 days verses my paying $60every week and we drive the same amound and I even use my4X4 more.

my 2 cents

Old 09-17-2007, 06:18 PM
Beitzel15

Well, if I got a truck I wouldnt really wanna make it "go fast". Just dress it up a little, step rails, bed rails and a little chrome here and there. No off roading that I can see of.. So that leaves, Pickin up girls. lol.

But, I hate the look of the bench seat's in the front and cant seem to find one with bucket seats, that is newish 05-present.

I really want a truck though, so if I ever need to haul anything, I can... and I can carry around a decent amount of people and just because I like trucks... I love chevy's and gmc's only because thats all my dad owned, but I got on the new 150's for a while there but then a few weeks ago decided to look at the Rams, and they arent as classy inside as some of the chevy's but that doesnt do anything for me anyways. I like the looks of the dodge ram and the inside too (when i see the ones with bucket seats)
Sadly, Im not really torn between 2 trucks, more like a truck and a car... I was offered a really good deal on a 2005 Mustang GT....
I know, its a ford...
But, reading some on this forum and looking at a lot of dodges has sold me on them being my new favorite trucks by far... And I will def. own one sometime... but that mustang has been on my mind all day.. Ahh i dont know what to do. [:@]

Old 09-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mustangs. . . PFFFFFTTT. . .they are a snack for me

most usualy lay back when they see the smoke comeing from all 4 tires. . . one of these days I'm gunna snap my front drive shaft doing that crap[&:]

Old 09-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

if I was to settle for a stang, it would have to be a classice..68 or so. screw that new crap stang. find a classic. build the engine BIG! drive like granmda till the chance comes to smoke a new one!!!

Quick Reply: New to Dodge's