Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

brake question

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 05:30 PM
andy360
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake question

I have a question about brakes, I have a dodge ram i went to order a hub assembly and they asked me if i had antilock brakes, i do not know how to check for them on a dodge, This is my first dodge product and my first newer vehicle. is there any way to tell if it has anti lock brakes by typing in my vin some where or something or how do i tell just by looking at it. Any help would be greatly app.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Default RE: brake question

what year and model is it? what engine??

Old 09-19-2007, 05:22 AM
andy360
Rookie

dodge ram reg cab short bed 00 360 auto sport

Old 09-19-2007, 10:16 AM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: andy360

I have a question about brakes, I have a dodge ram i went to order a hub assembly and they asked me if i had antilock brakes, i do not know how to check for them on a dodge, This is my first dodge product and my first newer vehicle. is there any way to tell if it has anti lock brakes by typing in my vin some where or something or how do i tell just by looking at it. Any help would be greatly app.
You can request a build sheet by going to the 2nd gen section and then to the DIY topic stickied to the top. I did a write up about how to get your build sheet. Also, you can tell by wirering coming from the from break area. If you can take your truck apart (having another car to drive) you can tell by the hub assembly. If it has anti lock, there will be a gear in there. you can try searching the 2nd gen section also, and you will probabably find more info on the topic.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: andy360

dodge ram reg cab short bed 00 360 auto sport
should have abs

call the dealer and ask

Old 09-21-2007, 02:02 PM
HAWKDRIVER
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you first start the truck does an ABS dummy light come on? If so then you have ABS. I think all ABS equipped vehicles do this as a sort of self test. My 93 Grand Cherokee used to activate the ABS at 10 MPH and you'd feel a slight pulse in the pedal. If all else fails drive on a dirt road at about 40 MPH then stand on the brakes. If you feel a high frequency vibration or pulsation in the pedal then you have ABS.

[IMG]local://upfiles/70577/CE8379D75C7D460A99EA938C14CDA582.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: brake question