Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

BIG RIMS

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM
engineblock
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG RIMS

I have a 1996 dodge ram i currently have the stock 16 inch rims, i am wanting to put some 20 x 9 on it but im not sure if those rims are going to warp my brake disks, if so what can i do to fix it.

Old 11-05-2007, 12:08 PM
crcarch
Professional
Default RE: BIG RIMS

Warped rotors are caused by overheating. The rims shouldn't adversely effect your rotors, since they aren't an integral part of the hub. If you've had problems with warped rotors in the past, upsizing the wheels may actually help because of increased air circulation around the brakes. Expect slightly longer braking distances, however, if the new wheel/tire combo is significantly heavy than stock. The heavier the combo, the more kinetic energy your brakes have to deal with.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:19 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: BIG RIMS

it isnt gonna warp your brakes.. it would actually allow them to breathe better and keep cooler... the downside is it will still be harder to stop that bigger rim...

Quick Reply: BIG RIMS