Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

HI/LO HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 02:44 AM
sleepinGSR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HI/LO HIDs

I found a HID conversion on ebay that promises to fix the hi and low beam problem that most kits stick you with. They say that by having a servo at the base of the bulb it actually tilts the bulb up/down gving you the hi/low beams. Has anyone heard of this? If not Ill let you know because I bought them. Also I was debating on what color to get AKA 6000k, 8000k, 10000k.... I see most people get the 8000k but the I hear the 6000k is closer to a BMW, mercedes, Cadi, etc any thoughts?

Old 12-24-2007, 05:03 PM
CSCustomCars
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HI/LO HIDs

4300k is what comes OEM in cadi's, BMW's, etc... 6000k is close to that. 8000k is like the 6000k, but has a bluish tint. 10000k is more blue than 8000k, but when you start getting into 10000k, the light out-put starts to reduce. You get the best light output, distance, and overall performance from 6000k, and 8000k. The higher you go, the lower the output, and the less drivability they have. Sounds weird, but it's true.

I personally run 8000k. I'm tempted to get a set of 6000k bulbs.

As for the "servo" that "moves" the bulb... I've heard a couple good things about them, but mostly bad. Those "Servos" break very easily, as they are made cheaply. The way I think about it is the normal 9004 bulb has two filaments. The bulb doesn't move. It's just something else to go wrong.

Honestly, I have a bi-xenon kit and the brights are useless. I only use them to signal other driver's and you really don't need them when just driving down the road. You can see everything anyway. My kit though doesn't move. It's just the dual filament design, which I think is better.

Hope that helps.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:24 PM
sleepinGSR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HI/LO HIDs

thanks Like I said I guess Ill see because I already ordered them.....haha
I know I never use my brights now and I have the bulbs that come in them I just like everything on my truck it came from the factory.... like hi/lo even if I dont use them.

Quick Reply: HI/LO HIDs