Dodge Ram The full size truck that leads the way in innovative and unique styling, the Dodge Ram. With best in class available horsepower, the Dodge Ram out runs any competitor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Mall of Georgia

Gaylords, A.R.E., or Covermaster tonneau and SRT spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 01:08 AM
Snooptalian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ********, A.R.E., or Covermaster tonneau and SRT spoiler

I've got an '05 Ram Hemi Sport Quad cab 4x4 and want to get a hard shell tonneau and also get the SRT spoiler installed on it, and need to know if the spoiler can be installed onto the cover offered through Mopar. It's the one for $975. It looks like from the pictures that the tonneau is not quite flat, rather it looks like it has some kind of design molded into the top of it, and from the pictures I can't see how the spoiler can be put on there and look right. Anyone know anything about this, and if this tonneau isn't the best for the spoiler, are there any suggestions for a tonneau that will work and look good with the SRT spoiler?

Thanks,
Dion

EDIT: I've ruled out the Mopar tonneau and am considering a ********, A.R.E. LSII or Covermaster Edge Lid... Any opinions or recommendations which one to go with using an SRT type spoiler???

Old 01-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Snooptalian
Default RE: Mopar tonneau and SRT spoiler

Ok. well no replies. Anyone at all have any information that may halp? Also what do you think of this SRT replica spoiler from an eBay seller: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33638

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dion

Old 01-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Snooptalian
Default RE: Mopar tonneau and SRT spoiler

You people shy around here or what? [sm=feedback.gif]

Anyways, I'm gonna go for the SRT replica spoiler and I'm down to 3 choices now for the Tonneau: ******** traditional, Covermaster Edge and A.R.E. LSII. All three tonneaus look great, low profile and flat as opposed to humped up in the middle, etc... What do you guys and gals think about these 3 covers? Either one should look great with the spoiler attached to it, but I'd still like to hear opinions on these tonneaus from you guys if possible before I buy.

Thanks again,
Dion

Old 01-11-2005, 06:38 PM
NavSport
Default RE: ********, A.R.E., or Covermaster tonneau and SRT spoiler

I have been on the search for covers as well and ******** seems to be the best one. One of the most expensive though. Check out SnugTops Snuglid sl.

Old 01-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Snooptalian
Default RE: ********, A.R.E., or Covermaster tonneau and SRT spoiler

Went and got the Covermaster Edge tonneau today. I decided against the A.R.E. mainly because I didn't care for the style, the Covermaster is low profile and flat, and looks great installed. Now I just need to figure out the best way to install the spoiler to it. Anyone have any tips for this? Is there anything different from the install of the spoiler to the tonneau as opposed to directly to the truck rails?

Quick Reply: Gaylords, A.R.E., or Covermaster tonneau and SRT spoiler